The Merlin MS Centre is a Cornish charity providing therapies, support and information to people with long-term health conditions. Within the Centre we run a small café which is open Monday to Thursday 11 am – 3pm and is operated by a team of volunteers overseen by the Volunteer Coordinator. It was set up in January 2018 and received a 5* Food Hygiene rating.
The strategy behind the café is to provide a low-cost food and beverage provision to encourage Centre users to stay and meet other people – helping to prevent isolation and loneliness for those with long-term conditions. It is open to all – visitors, staff and volunteers providing a small income stream for the charity.
The café has been a positive addition to the Centre services and as with any new venture it has been a learning curve. We would like to maintain and improve the level of service, ensuring consistency and excellent customer service and therefore we are seeking a volunteer café supervisor role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare food and beverages for the Merlin MS Centre Clients, Staff, Visitors etc Taking Customer orders.
- Take payment from customer using the Till and card machine. Training will be given.
- Customer Service
- Food Preparation
- Ensure all paperwork in relation to food safety are checked daily to meet both legal requirements and best practice Ensuring the café maintains a high rating of food hygiene and procedures e.g. day dots; checking food temperatures and deep cleaning procedures.
- Check off stock on arrival for quality and correct amounts.
- Follow cleaning schedule on daily basis.
- Follow the guidelines of the Food & Hygiene Training Follow guidelines of Food Safety with regards to Allergies Clear and clean the tables.
- Help to set up and clear away conferences.
- Ensure refreshments are provided from the café for conference delegates to a high standard and according to the booking requirements.
- Cashing up at the end of the day – Training will be given.
Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone who has the following:
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Ability to learn new things
- Food Hygiene Certificate or willingness to update skills.
- Understanding and empathy with our service users.
- Ensuring the café maintains high rating of food hygiene and procedures e.g. day dots; checking food temperatures and deep cleaning procedures.
Reference ID: CV21
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.