This information has been produced for volunteer and community providers of transportation.
If someone needs assistance to get to their vaccination appointment, assistance may be available through one of the voluntary transport schemes offered by Age UK or Volunteer Cornwall and supported by NHS Kernow and Cornwall Council. It is recognised that other providers exist, and it is expected that this guidance would be adhered to.
To book a volunteer driver contact:
- Age UK (Cornwall) on 01872 223388
- Volunteer Cornwall on 01872 265300
- If neither organisation has availability at the time needed, they may be able to utilise electric vehicles and signpost to local schemes.
- There is a charge for this service, but funding may be available to assist with the costs in certain cases.
Driver guidance summary, please read full guidance for detail
- Do not volunteer as a driver if begin to show Coronavirus symptoms. Equally if the passenger is symptomatic do not complete the journey.
- Do not volunteer as a driver if been advised to shield by the government.
- The driver must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Volunteer drivers must stay 2 metres away from their clients outside of the vehicle – if volunteers must assist clients, they should be wearing full PPE.
- Ventilate the vehicle as much as possible.
- Be proactive in cleaning shared surfaces.
- Limit entry to the passenger side of the of the vehicle.
- Volunteer drivers should only take individuals from one household bubble for each journey.
Passenger guidance summary, please read full guidance for detail
Please ensure the passenger is given this detail upon booking
- Follow seating plans marked out.
- Use hand-gel provided before entering and when leaving transport.
- Do not use window controls or touch anything unnecessarily within the vehicle.
- Wear face covering (masks or shields) to cover nose and mouth at all times.
- If you have any coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, do not use any forms of transport.
- If you are currently self-isolating* due to COVID-19 symptoms or have been advised to self-isolate though NHS Track and Trace, you must not use volunteer transport.
- If Clinically Extremely Vulnerable (or shielding) or consider yourself to be self-isolating AND without symptoms or NOT self isolating through NHS Track and Trace, you can use volunteer transport.