The Big Give is the UK’s #1 match funding platform. specialising in bringing individuals, charities and philanthropists together to multiply their impact.
They run the Christmas Challenge, an annual match funding campaign which raises millions of pounds for good causes, as well as other match funding campaigns. They also provide a platform for charities to run their own fundraising campaigns.
This year’s Christmas Challenge starts on 3 December, until 10 December, seeking to double donations received.
How does the Christmas Challenge Work?
The Christmas Challenge is a match funding campaign where donations to participating charities are doubled. The match funds come from two sources – charities secure some of these (Pledges) over the summer. These funds are then boosted by funds from a Big Give Champion who contributes to the match fund. This collective pot is used to double donations from online supporters when the campaign is live. Here’s how it works:
It’s too late to be a registered charity for this year, but the to take part next year you need to register by July. Details are on the website.
The following local charities are fundraising via The Big Give this year:
- Cornwall Air Ambulance, raising money for their new helicopter
- The Hall for Cornwall, setting up new youth theatre provision
- Cornwall Search and Rescue Team fundraising for a new operational base
- The Ideas Partnership, based in Port Isaac, raising money for a community centre and education for Kosovo’s poorest minority group
- Penhaligon’s Friends, aiming to creat four Memory Days each year to help bereaved children remember those they have lost
- Miracle Theatre Company, donations will ensure priority booking for their innovative, comic theatre productions!
You can find out more on the Big Give Campaigns page.