Community notice Category: Notice
The Skills Network is running a webinar on ‘How to promote effective mental health awareness in your organisation’
It will take place on Thursday 3 December, from 11am -12 noon, online.
Let’s face it: Current restrictions and working practices are stressful. In fact, recent research from the Office of National Statistics suggests that twice as many people are reporting symptoms of depression due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Although the conversation around mental health is becoming less stigmatised, it’s still a difficult area for businesses to actually address.
This free webinar, co-hosted by Unite the Union, will empower managers, directors, human resources and learning and development professionals to effectively support the mental wellbeing of your employees, customers, and wider network. This interactive webinar will provide actionable insights on:
- Steps to effectively support the mental health of your employees and wider network
- Strategies for how L&D can stop the stigma around discussing mental health
- How you can deliver mental health awareness training remotely
- How to develop mental health trained line managers and address skills gaps in this area
- How Unite the Union are using online learning content to increase mental health awareness
We will also demonstrate how your organisation can access online courses in mental health awareness and we will discuss how The Skills Network are supporting businesses make a positive impact to mental health in this turbulent landscape.
We will be joined on the webinar by expert speakers Stuart Allen, Executive Director of Curriculum and Quality at The Skills Network and Andy Pearson, Education & Development Officer at Unite the Union.
To book your place, visit the Skills Network website.
If you can’t attend, book a place anyway, and you will receive a recording of the event in your in box within 24 hours.