Community notice Category: Notice
Raising the Bar is a 7-day fundraising course run by veteran fundraiser Alicia Grainger, to help organisations raise money from trusts and foundations. It aims to help attendees put together compelling grant bids, that will be successful.
The programme costs £147, and runs over 2 weeks, with online workshops, workbooks, templates and a Facebook group for support and connection with other participants.
It starts on Tuesday 7 July, at 9.30, via Zoom, and each day’s seminar is around ab hour. The course runs Tuesday 7-Friday 10 July, and Tuesday 14-Thursday 16 July.
What the course will cover:
- Why trust fundraising isn’t just about writing applications
- How to show potential funders why your projects and services are needed and why you need funding now.
- How to package up your work into fundable projects.
- How to find the best prospects for your organisation and how to build your prospect pipeline.
- How to structure your applications and get my top tips on writing persuasive applications and learn the most common mistakes to avoid!
- Understand basic design principles to make your applications visually appealing and stand out from the crowd.
- How to use storytelling to create applications that really engage the reader.
- Use the forecasting template to learn how to forecast future grant income.
- Find out what you should do after you submit your applications and when to reapply.
You can find full details, and how to book, on Alicia Grainger’s website.