Community notice Category: Notice
The Springboard Charity’s, Destination Hospitality is a series of tried and tested, high impact Hospitality, Leisure & Tourism programmes that will engage unemployed and economically inactive people living in and around the St Austell area of South East Cornwall. This project is part funded by ESF through Community Led Local Development, South East Cornwall LAG and will support up to 75 people. Working closely with local employers and communities over a 2 year period, outcomes of the programme include securing employment, returning to education or entering training.
Due to the lockdown, Springboard worked swiftly to adapt the programme, moving to a specialist online training platform, FLOW, meaning that a first cohort of individuals can be supported from mid-July.
This is a completely FREE programme for people aged 15+ that are currently unemployed or inactive, places are available to people in South East Cornwall, please visit the website to check the list of eligible postcodes.
What Springboard offers:
- 10 week courses running 2 days a week or 7 week courses running 3-4 days a week
- FREE OF ANY CHARGE
- Your own member of a specialist employability team for 121 careers advice, support, and mentoring
- A connected team environment: live group training and webinars
- Upskill and re-train with over 40 online modules, which are accessible for you to complete 24/7
- Supported job search and introductions to employers recruiting now
Springboard’s courses include:
- 121 mentoring and support from a Springboard employability specialist
- Online modules, with a range of certificates including: Customer Service, Food Safety Level 2, Licensing, Cocktails, Wine and Coffee
- Live group training: Confidence & Assertiveness, CV Development, Interview Skills, Transferable Skills, Guest Speakers
- Interview practice with employers
Feedback from existing participants on Springboards programme, utilising our specialist digital platform
“I appreciate the training, its giving me a chance to advance myself and be more knowledgeable about the Hospitality industry.”
“I’m delighted to be part of this training, at least after COVID-19 I can start from somewhere, hopefully with a chance to have an opportunity to attend a placement to feel the industry environment.”
For more information on taking part on the programme please visit the Springboard website.
For any other information, an informal chat or how to be involved, please contact Gemma Edmonds, Head of South West & Wales, firstname.lastname@example.org 07825 776819