Community notice Category: Notice
We know that many villages have chosen not to put up their traditional whole-village Christmas lights this year, due to the risk to the set-up teams, and the potential for large crowds coming to see them. However, many individual households have put up amazing displays of lights, and some villages or streets have worked out their own ‘advent calendars’ with different houses representing different days of the count-down to Christmas Day.
What’s going on where you live?
Even if the Mousehole lights aren’t happening this year, you can still take a drive or a walk around your local area and enjoy the lights.
There are a few places that have Christmas lights, and other Christmas activities, that you can enjoy. Some of these charge entry. Please do check with each place before you plan to visit, to establish what their current opening plans are, as the situation may change if regulations change.
Cornwall Council has offered free parking in some towns on certain days around Christmas – find out here what, and when.
Lists of Christmas activities and events
- Charlestown’s Tunnel of Lights
- Eden Project’s Christmas opening and events
- Lost Gardens of Heligan’s Lantern Trail
- Paradise Park (Hayle) with Christmas activities and a penguin quiz
- Rogue Theatre’s Winter Wood event
- Maritime Museum’s Lanterns and Lights event
- National Trust’s Christmas events in Cornwall and Devon
- The Grunch Christmas entertainment
- Late Night shopping (Wednesdays before Christmas), and other events in Truro