Community notice Category: Notice
Do you have clients who need help with key meter top-ups?
In supporting the Cornish community through the current COVID-19 crisis, Community Energy Plus will be providing electricity and gas key meter top-ups until mid-October 2021 for householders who are low on credit and struggling to afford to top-up.
How it works
Assistance will be allocated on a first come first served basis to eligible householders by 18 October 2021.
Vouchers are provided directly to beneficiaries via text message, email or through the post for redemption wherever the householder usually tops up their meter. We have £49 vouchers for families and £28 vouchers for households without children, to provide electricity or gas pre-pay meter credit. Households can access a maximum of three vouchers through the scheme (provided by us or other project grantees).
How to refer
If you have clients who need help, please make a referral to the advice team by completing and emailing this frontline worker referral form. In order to access vouchers CEP will need to see the client’s ID and verify that their account has low credit.
Other help available
CEP provide energy advice and practical help for vulnerable householders in Cornwall to achieve warmer, healthier homes. Their services include:
- Access to grants for heating repairs and upgrades, insulation and other energy efficiency measures.
- Advice on saving energy and money.
- Help to understand energy bills, switch tariffs, manage energy debt and other issues with energy suppliers.
- Advice on reducing condensation and mould.
- Links to services provided by other local and national organisations.
For more information visit CEP website here
Contact: Freephone 0800 954 1956 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org