A surfer, chef and doctor are among the faces encouraging people in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly to arm themselves against COVID-19 by booking their jab.
The NHS and Cornwall Council’s public health team has joined forces with people working in our community to front a new campaign explaining why they’ve chosen to be vaccinated.
The Let’s do it for Cornwall campaign launched on Friday to coincide with the announcement that anyone older than 40 can bring forward their second dose from 12 to 8 weeks.
From today, anyone older than 18 can also now book their appointment. People aged 21 and 22 can also now book their appointment, and it is anticipated appointments for 18-to-20-year-olds will be available from today.
Everyone featured in the campaign had their vaccine for different reasons – and wanted to share their reasons with others to encourage people to do the same.
People can book an appointment via the national NHS booking service, or phone 119 free of charge.
You may also have received a text invitation, which does not expire, appear as an alert from ‘NHSvaccine’ and include a web link to the NHS website to reserve an appointment.
- You can download social media assets and posters via this link
- You can download general 1 minute videos via this link
- You can download general 1 minute video (social media version) via this link
- You can download general 30 second videos via this link
- You can download women specific videos via this link