- This event has passed.
Volunteering and the law
15th September, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
About this event
Who would benefit from this course?
It is intended for:
- Those working with volunteers and have a responsibility for policies and / or processes
- Those developing or managing volunteer programmes
No formal qualifications are necessary.
What does the workshop cover?
This session will enable learners to understand:
- The legal requirements for volunteering within your organisation
- The principles of risk management in relation to volunteering
- Agreements, contracts & honorary contracts
- Introduction to safer recruitment
- What can go wrong?
No formal assessment. Group discussions and various activities / exercises. On completion an in-house certificate of attendance and participation will be issued.
For further information please email email@example.com or call 01872 266987.
Terms and conditions
To cover our own non-refundable costs, cancellations made less than three working days before the event, or non-attendance, will incur a £25 administration charge. Cancellations and substitutions will only be accepted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to read our full terms and conditions.