Nominations are now open for the annual Devon and Cornwall Police Volunteer Awards. The Ceremony will be held on June 2 at St Mellion International Resort, St Mellion, Cornwall.
There are a few awards that are open to external nominations and we have been asked to pass this on to Members, so you know about the opportunity to celebrate your volunteers. These are the categories that you can nominate in:
Police & Crime Commissioner’s Award for Community Spirit (Team/Group Award)
This award is open to a group or team that have contributed towards improved quality of life, community safety, supported community activity with positive results. This could include a team or group who are not directly connected to or supported by the police, who demonstrate an outstanding ability to galvanise activity in support of a variety of local causes. This could include:
- A team that has improved community resilience; or
- A team that has improved communication and connectivity in the local community
- demonstrated a significant and sustained contribution to their community
- provided a service and meeting a need for people living in the local community;
Community Accreditation Scheme Award (External)
This Award is for an organization and individuals who are accredited through the Community Accreditation Scheme and:
- Significantly contributed towards making their local community safer through joint initiatives, operations or day to day working
- Have been innovative in working in partnership, through CSAS, to safeguard vulnerable individuals
- The organization leadership has actively promoted CSAS and the benefit to local community safety
Employer Supported Policing Award (External)
This award is open to organisations that support their employees to volunteer in policing. The award recognises the contribution of employers
- The employer actively promotes their Special Leave policy in their organization.The employer must be within Devon and Cornwall policing area
- The employer must be able to evidence the release of employees from their core, paid, role in support of the mission and objectives of Devon and Cornwall Police
Please nominate anyone who you believe meets the criteria of these award categories. You can make your nominations via the D&C Police website.
Please be aware that nominations close on 22 March.