Cornwall Council is currently undertaking a public consultation as part of a community Governance Review for the whole of Cornwall to ensure community governance arrangements at parish level reflect the identity and interest of your local communities and work as conveniently and effectively as possible. The public consultation runs until 24 March 2020.
Further information is now available to allow anyone who is interested to respond to the consultation.
A dedicated web page with consultation information has been published on the Community Governance Review section of the Cornwall Council website. The information available includes:
- A summary consultation document with details about the Cornwall Community Governance Review and the public consultation on these draft recommendations.
- Consultation documents for each of the 19 Community Network Areas. These documents detail the recommended changes as well as other potential changes under consideration within the relevant Community Network Area. They also include an overview of the draft recommendations for each parish within the area.
- For each of the Community Network Areas, further supporting information is available, namely the submissions received during Stage 1 of the review for that area as well as the feedback and comments on these submissions received during Stage 2 of the review.
- Consultation feedback forms for each Community Network Area.
Consultation Information Events
The Council is holding a series of Consultation Information Events to provide an opportunity to find out more about the Community Governance Review and the public consultation and to discuss and ask questions about draft recommendations with officers and Councillors.
Timings for each event*:
6.00-7.00pm: Public drop in session
7.00-9.30pm: Public meeting
- Tuesday 11 February: LAUNCESTON – Main Hall, Launceston Town Hall, Western Road, Launceston, PL15 7AR
- Thursday 13 February: LISKEARD – Public Hall, 3-5 West Street, Liskeard, PL14 6BW
- Tuesday 18 February: TRURO – Council Chamber, Lys Kernow (New County Hall), Truro, TR1 3AY
- Thursday 20 February: PENZANCE – St John’s Hall, Alverton Street, Penzance, TR18 2QW
- Wednesday 26 February: ST AUSTELL – Council Chamber, St Austell Information Service, 39 Penwinnick Road, PL25 5DR
- Thursday 27 February: WADEBRIDGE – Main Hall, Wadebridge Town Hall, The Platt, Wadebridge, PL27 7AQ
- Tuesday 3 March: NEWQUAY – The Atlantic Centre, Trenance Leisure Park, Newquay, TR7 2LZ
- Wednesday 4 March: POOL – Chi an Bobel Hall, Heartlands, Pool, Redruth, TR15 3QY
*Correct at time of publication. Please check latest info on the Council’s website.
In order to respond to the consultation taking place in your area, you need to visit the website above, or attend an event near you, where you will be abelt o see detailed plans for your part of the county, and return a specific form relating to those plans.
Please share details of this consultation widely, so that as many people as possible are able to make their views known.
The closing date on this consultation is 24 March.