On Monday this week, the government released a briefing on key issues facing the adult social care sector (ASC) during the coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak. Read it to find links to some of the key official guidance for any organisations working in the sector.
Initially, the paper opens by providing a high-level overview of policies which relate to ASC since the start of the coronavirus outbreak in early 2020. Next, it details key issues that have arisen during the course of the pandemic, including:
- Statistics on deaths in care homes
- Funding for adult social care, including the financial pressures on social care providers
- Testing for care home staff and residents
- The discharging of patients from hospitals into care homes
- Rules relating to visiting care homes for friends and family of residents
- The supply of PPE to the adult social care sector
- The roll-out of the Covid-19 vaccine to the ASC sector, including proposals to make vaccination compulsory for some care home staff.
Of the 2311 registered charities operating in Cornwall, most of you are categorised as working with adults in some way. As a result, we are a strong sector. We are proud of Cornwall’s community spirit.
You can download the full report here.