Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly Health and Care Partnership has launched its Adult Mental Health Strategy for 2020-2025.
In it, they set out their vision:
We want everyone in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, across our diverse mainland and island communities to enjoy the best possible mental health and wellbeing throughout their life. This means we need to focus on the whole person; tackle mental health issues and their causes with the same energy and priority we use to respond to people’s physical health needs. We want people to work together to ensure our communities stay as healthy as possible for as long as possible. We will provide support to help everyone remain as independent as possible. We want everyone to be proud of the services provided and confident they deliver the very best outcomes consistently and efficiently.
Their objectives are:
- We will work together to ensure the people of Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly stay as healthy as possible for as long as possible
- We will support people to help themselves and each other so they stay independent and well in their community
- We will provide services everyone can be proud of and which deliver value for money
The organisation’s key priorities are:
- Preventative approaches
- Easier access to care and support
- Personalised care and greater choice
- Recovery focused and resilience forming
- Greater integration
- Embracing new technology
To download the full strategy, click here.