Before the weather closes in, Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service, is offering free winter safety events in local communities.
Events will cover
- Free electric blanket safety checks
- Small home appliance testing (at £1 per item)
- Free fire safety and community police advice
- Smart warmth and nuisance call blocker advice
Morning events run 9am-12 noon, afternoon events are 1-4pm.
- Tuesday 19 September, Torpoint am, Looe pm
- Tuesday 26 September, Camelford am, Bodmin pm
- Tuesday 3 October, Penryn am, Helston pm
- Tuesday 10 October, St Ives am, Redruth pm
- Tuesday 17 October, St Austell am, St Mawes pm
These will be run in conjunction with Green Sparks Electrics, HBH Woolacotts, and the Council’s Public Protection team.
For full details of the events, and venues, please download the Winter Safety events poster.
All owners of items that fail on the day, at each venue, will receive a 10% off voucher, and be entered into a free prize draw to win a £20 HBH Woolacotts gift voucher towards replacing their items.
In addition, communities which don’t have a safety event locally, but which can arrange for more than 5 electric blankets from their area, can request for them to be collected for testing.
For more details, or to arrange electric blanket testing at other venues, please call 01208 893133.