The roll-out of universal credit (UC) is underway. To help front-line workers understand the implications of this and enable them to support their clients, PCDT/CRCC are working with the Child Poverty Action Group to deliver a one-day training programme which developed around experience emerging from areas where UC full service is operating. Participants will learn who is affected and how best to support them, particularly those who are vulnerable or in difficult circumstances.
The training will take place on Monday 25th September, 9.30am to 4.30pm at Truro City Hall, Boscawen Street, Truro, TR1 2NE, and will cover the following:
- Who is entitled to UC in the full service – a review of the rules
- Making and maintaining an online claim
- Dealing with conditionality and sanctions
- Claiming UC and other benefits at the same time
- What triggers a transfer from existing benefits to UC in the full service
- Practising calculations
- Effect of UC full service on specific claimant groups
There are 20 places available, funded (subject to eligibility) through the ESF Building Resilience for the VCSE programme.
To book your place please email email@example.com.