Tempo Time Credits is a programme in Cornwall that encourages people to use their skills and interested to volunteer and play an active role in their communities to earn ‘Time Credits’. These can be ‘spent’ on community, cultural and leisure activities in the local areas, including attractions and leisure centres as well as nationally across the Tempo network.
Active since 2017, the Time Credits Project has now been extended until March 2021 through funding from the Together for Families (TfF) Programme, which will now enable Tempo to engage vulnerable families and young people. The initial period of this contract will support the COVID response whilst also building relationships with agencies supporting the TfF Programme in St Austell, Newquay, Bodmin and Saltash.
The Tempo COVID response includes:
- A new internet platform, tempocommunities.com. This website supports communities by enabling people to help others as well as finding ways to stay connected during the challenges of COVID-19.
- Cornwall online network forum – bringing together groups and organisations from across Cornwall to share learning and challenges and discussing ways to support people during this difficult time. SEE BELOW for list of upcoming forums and webinars.
- National Forums to share learning across the national Time Credits network. You can find out more about the national forums and book a space here.
- A range of e-learning modules to support community groups, organisations and professionals across Cornwall, the modules include the following courses: Conflict Resolution, Data Protection, Emergency Planning, Facilitation Skills, Getting Started with Social Media, Healthy Lifestyles, Introduction to Health and Safety, Manual Handling, Meeting Skills, Mental Health Awareness, Personal Resilience, Personal Safety, Remote Working, Remote Working for Managers, Safeguarding Adults, Safeguarding Children. You can sign up to a course here.
- Links to Hidden Harm group to support where possible and appropriate.
- Links to Adult Social Care, Empowering Independence Social Inclusion providers to offer additional support/capacity where possible and appropriate.
- Connecting with Volunteer Cornwall to offer practical support or further advertising of services on Tempo’s website.
The Time Credits team are also going to prepare for future work with the Together for families Partners by:
- An online network forum dedicated to all TfF providers to scope the areas to focus on.
- Online Time Credit introduction training session for TfF providers
- An online network forum across each of the 4 target towns, namely; Newquay, St Austell, Saltash and Bodmin as well as linking in with the Safer Towns meeting across the 4 target towns.
The online forum for Tempo has the following forums coming up soon
Supporting Carers During Covid 19 – Monday 18th May at 2pm
Housing – Engaging and Supporting Tenants During Covid 19 – Thursday 21st May at 11am
Looking After Volunteers’ Wellbeing During Covid 19 – Wednesday 27th May at 2pm
Supporting Children, Young People and Families during Covid 19 – Thursday 28th May at 11am
Supporting Your Community During COVID19 – Tuesday, 2th June at 2pm
Supporting Older People During COVID19 – Thursday 4th June at 11am
Supporting Your Communities: Food Distribution Sharing Lessons – Thursday 4th June at 2pm
How to Deliver Sessions Remotely – Wednesday 20th May at 11am
Marketing and Social Media Session -Wednesday 27th May at 11am
If you have any other ideas about how the Time Credits team can support work with families and young people, during or after COVID, please contact:
Celia Davis firstname.lastname@example.org / 07578 181277 (Celia leads on Saltash and Newquay);