Organisation Category: Health care and wellbeing
Our Mission Statement
• To provide relief from the social, emotional and physical hardships caused by Functional Neurological Disorder;
• To ease the suffering and promote the comfort of those diagnosed with FND by advancing the understanding and knowledge of FND among healthcare workers.
• To provide relief from the isolation experienced by patients and their families by raising public awareness and eliminating the stigmas that have been associated with the diagnosis in recent years.
• The core values of FND FrieNDs are simple and outlined below. For more details, please see later.
• To listen to, believe and understand those telling us their stories.
• To offer practical support in the form of signposting, which would involve knowing what organisations are out there and how to access help. It is not in our remit to do referrals themselves.
• To be courteous, especially as some persons may be stressed / angry / frustrated at systems in general.
• To treat everything with the strictest confidence; there are exceptions to this rule, but these will be dealt with later.
Our Vision Statement
• To help people as we can across the South West of England to understand what FND is and how to live the best they can with this disabling condition.
• To educate on FND through awareness days in hospitals, social media, study days, seminars and webinars.
• To help sufferers get back out into the community plus help their carers and families have a little respite through holding meet ups and days out.
• To be able to employ an FND/Neuro-physiotherapist and an FND/Neuro Specialist Nurse plus buy a fully adapted/ accessible minibus for days out.