Community drop-in sessions will be taking place in Penzance over the next few months.
Giving the opportunity to meet local social workers specialising in working with adults, the sessions will take place on the first Monday of every month from 10am – 12pm at:
- Pengarth Day Centre, Morrab Gardens, Penzance, TR18 4DA – in July, September and November
- Poppies Community Café, Belgravia Street, Penzance, TR18 2EL – in April, June, August, October and December
Those attending can get advice on how to access adult social care and discuss the issues they are faced with. They can meet a variety of community groups who can support and advise on social care needs including:
- Helen Power from Talent Match who are supporting young people in employment
- Susan Noy from Cornwall Adult Education Service
- The team from Promas who offer training for informal carers
- Susan Mackintosh from Job Centre Plus Together for Families
For more information call 0300 1234 100.