Community Notice Category: Notice
Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Drug and alcohol Action Team are going to be running a new series of Young People’s Substance Awareness and Screening Training in October and November. Book quickly, as these usually fill up very fast.
October 15, October 17, November 19, November 21, all at the DAAT offices, Threemilestone, Truro, all 9.30-4.30, Free of charge.
Book via Eventbrite.
This multi-agency one day training has been designed to deliver key themes through presentation, group-work, participant interaction and shared knowledge. This has been specifically tailored for professionals working directly with young people.
The element of substance awareness training will help professionals to:
- Define substances.
- Better understand the effects and affects of substances in relation to patterns of use for young people
- Explore local and national trends for young people’s substance use.
The screening training will help support professionals to:
- Define the purpose and benefits of screening
- To identify risk and motivation to change
- Gain confidence in harm reduction practice for young people.
This training will help professionals to familiarise themselves with Tier 2 interventions and know how to incorporate these in to their practice; and to determine when a referral on for specialist support is required.