Are you Chair of a smaller charity?
Join the Association of Chairs at their workshop in Bodmin for a day exploring how to build and manage relationships with trustees and staff/volunteers and how to develop an effective board. Lunch will be provided giving more time to meet with fellow Chairs and Vice-Chairs.
The workshop is part of the AoC’s Beacon Programme which, funded through the National Lottery Fund, has been developed with the complexities of chairing a smaller organisation (with an annual income of under £1 million) in mind. For example, where executive roles are performed in a part-time or voluntary capacity and where people have both operational and governance roles.
By the end of the day-long workshop you will:
- Understand what will help you get the best from your trustees
- Have tools to work effectively with your CEO and or senior team
- Have ideas for identifying, recruiting and effectively working with new trustees.
- Enable your board to work well together
- Manage conflict and support difficult conversations
- Put in place succession plans for your role as Chair.
- 9:15 am – Registration and refreshments
- 9:30 am – Managing Relationships and Board Dynamics Workshop
- 1:00 pm – Lunch
- 1:45 pm – Developing an Effective Board Workshop
- 5:15 pm – Close
Book your place:
The whole day costs just £30 and is only open to those who have registered with the Beacon Programme. Please join the programme so you can make a booking for this event on the AoC website.
The AoC offers a travel bursary to delegates from organisations with an income under £100k. These bursaries are given on a first come, first served, basis. Applications are still open.
If you are representing a small group, where the event price of £30 is a barrier to attendance, please email email@example.com. You may be eligible for a free place if you can provide evidence of your organisation’s low finance.
This event is kindly supported by Cornwall Community Foundation and Cornwall Rural Community Charity.