Community notice Category: Notice
The Wear it Well event is part of Unlocking Potential’s Future Focus provision, will look at the shift that is taking place in the clothing and textiles industry and the opportunities this can give business and charities.
This free event takes place on 3 May, from 9am to 5pm, at Tregenna Castle, St Ives.
The event will look at changes in consumer behaviour as shoppers move towards more ethically and responsibly sourced products, also how technology is revolutionising the industry, changing the way garments are made and promoted.
The first speaker to be revealed is Patrick Grant, owner and Creative Director of Norton & Sons, a Savile Row tailor and the force behind Community Clothing, a social enterprise with a mission to sustain and create jobs in the UK textile and garment manufacturing industry. You may recognise him as one of the judges on BBC 1’s The Great British Sewing Bee.
There will be workshops in the afternoon:
The first series of workshops take place from 2pm-3pm:
- Communication Revolution- Digital, social and new platforms
- Pitch Perfect- Selling to major buyers
- Sustainable Design- Upcycling, traditional techniques and longevity
The final series of workshops from 3.30pm-4.30pm:
- The Future Consumer- Future trends in consumer behaviour
- Who Made My Clothes?- Traceability and provenance
- Making Amazing Products- Quality, manufacture and workforce
To book your ticket, visit Eventbrite.