Community Notice Category: Notice
SW Heroin and Crack Action Area (HACAA) Workshop
Friday 8 November 2019, 9.30am-5pm, at China Fleet Country Club, Saltash
In the Serious Violence Strategy, published in April 2018, drug markets were identified as one of the main drivers of the recent increases in serious violence. A commitment was therefore made to build on activity already underway and provide £500,000 over two years to support delivery of a new round of Heroin and Crack Action Areas (HACAAs). The HACAAs would provide local partners and communities with the space to consider their response to a variety of public health issues, particularly around problematic heroin and crack use, the links to serious violence, and the increase in drug-related deaths.
This event will focus on
- The increase of crack use in the South West region through Organised Crime.
- What opportunities could be developed through collaboration.
- An introduction to the HACAA People Who Inject Drugs (PWID) custody research project, and an opportunity to feed back on the survey questions before the research begins.
Who should attend
- SW Regional Organised Crime
- Custody Inspectors and Staff
- DAAT Managers/Treatment Commissioners
- CSP Managers/Officers
- Local Authority
- Safeguarding Board Members
- ASB Co-ordinators
- Health and Wellbeing Board Members
- Third Sector Charities
- BBV Specialists (HIV, Hep C and B)
- Office of Police Crime Commissioners
- Supported Housing Providers
- Rough Sleeper Team Co-Ordinators
How to book
The Workshop will include speakers, interactive discussions, feedback opportunities and time for networking. This event is free and spaces are limited, so we encourage you to register your interest soon. Please forward to colleagues that you think would like to attend.