Community notice Category: Notice
Safer Stronger Consortium and the Local Criminal Justice Board (LCJB) are pulling together a series of workshops during March 2018 to develop an agreement which sets out the principles which underlie the relationship for collaborative working between the criminal justice agencies and the VCSE.
The LCJB’s aspiration is that both sectors can effectively deliver more, by working together and developing a greater understanding of each other, into a new decade. At this time of great change, it is vital that all the agencies work together to meet new challenges. We aim to create a living document which will be regularly reviewed and amended as the relationship between the sectors evolves.
The workshops will help develop a framework that is designed to:
- Improve relationships with better partnership working between VCSE and Criminal Justice agencies.
- Representation – selection, attendance, chairing arrangement, payment, channels for feedback and conflict of interest
- Principles that govern information sharing
- Co-production and co design to inform commissioning and policy development
- Funding arrangements clear and fair to all
- Promote inclusion and equality
- Encourage clear communication
- Help focus on better outcomes for individuals and communities
- Offer support and assistance if things go wrong between the sectors; mediation and restoration
This event is aimed at VCSE representatives and Criminal Justice representatives.
There are three events taking place across the geography in March. If you wish to attend one of the events please register on Eventbrite using the link below which corresponds to your preferred location.
Plymouth 21st March 2018, 10:30-13:30 – book for Plymouth here
Exeter 28th March 2018, 10:30-13:30 – book for Exeter here