Community notice Category: Notice
The People’s Postcode Lottery Community Trust is open for expressions of interest between Feb 14 and Feb 28, before successful applicants are invited to apply for funding from the 28 March.
The People’s PostcodeTrust (PPT) is an extremely competitive grants programme that provides short-term funding for projects that help to prevent poverty, support healthy living initiatives and uphold human rights for some of society’s most vulnerable groups.
It will also consider projects which help different communities come together for better understanding and community relations.
The Trust wants to help organisations find real solutions to tackling the root causes of poverty and its long-term consequences by, for example, helping people gain the skills, knowledge and resources they need to lift themselves out of poverty.
Grassroots organisations, local charities and non-profit community businesses that are seeking to effect positive change within their local area in England, Scotland and Wales are eligible to apply.
Grants range from £500 to £20,000 according to limits determined by the type of organisation applying.
Examples of projects which could secure grant support include:
- Homelessness support
- Prevention of anti-social behaviour in young people;
- Support for at-risk families (parenting support);
- Promotion of human rights for LGBT groups, the disabled or the elderly; and/or
- Services around domestic violence.
Projects will need to demonstrate:
- Innovative and tangible impacts;
- Sustainability: the project will continue to benefit beneficiaries beyond its 12 months;
- Creative acknowledgement of PPT’s support; and
- Short but clear descriptions of activities and outcomes.
There is also a long list of exceptions.
For full information, and the Expression of Interest application, visit the website at http://www.postcodetrust.org.uk/applying-for-a-grant/how-to-apply