Community notice Category: Notice
WSPF (Westminster Social Policy Forum) is holding a conference in October on Priorities for the UK charity sector – the response to COVID-19, and key issues for standards, data protection, fundraising, regulation and building trust.
This will be online, on 14 October, 8.30-1pm.
Speakers will include:
- Claire Dove, Crown Representative for the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise Sector
- A senior speaker confirmed from the Fundraising Regulator
- Matthew Bell, Frontier Economics;
- Louise Balaam, Youth Adventure Trust;
- Rita Chadra, Small Charities Coalition;
- Hannah Kubie, Stone King and
- Helena Wilkinson, Price Bailey
- The role of charities within the Civil Society Strategy and approaches to responding to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Funding for charities during COVID-19, supporting smaller charities, innovative ways of adapting and meeting demand, and looking ahead to the environment for charities post-COVID-19
- Building trust in the charity sector and measuring and communicating the value the sector provides to society
- Priorities for encouraging volunteering – and the role of volunteers in the charity response to COVID-19
- Navigating the regulatory landscape post-GDPR
- Improving safeguarding standards, reporting procedures, and the protection of vulnerable groups
- Charity fundraising and the impact of COVID-19 – meeting the needs of charities across the third sector and those they serve, learning from innovation, and fundraising engagement into the future
- Priorities for the Fundraising Regulator, responding to COVID-19 and plans going forward
Options and charges are as follows:
- Access to Priorities for the UK charity sector – the response to COVID-19, and key issues for standards, data protection, fundraising, regulation and building trust (plus a permanent record of proceedings) is £190 plus VAT per delegate;
- Concessionary rate places for small charities, unfunded individuals and those in similar circumstances are £85 plus VAT. Please be sure to apply for this at the time of booking.
To book, visit the WSPF website.