SafeTalk Suicide Awareness – Half day training on July 30th.
safeTALK-trained helpers are an important part of suicide-safer communities, working alongside intervention resources to identify and avert suicide risks.
Over the course of their training, safeTALK participants will learn to:
- Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts might be present
- Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked
- Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide
- Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further help
Cost: £10 to cover materials
Time: 10.00 – 13.30
Please be aware that due to the sensitive nature of this course, people that have had recent and/or personal experience of suicide may find some aspects upsetting. Therefore we would not recommend that you attend at this time. Please contact us to discuss any queries.
To find out more, visit the training page on the Healthy Cornwall website, and to book, click on the date link.
There are other suicide-awareness courses run by Healthy Cornwall, to help reduce the incidence of suicide, and support those considering ending their lives.