Community Notice Category: Notice
Please encourage unpaid carers to go along to their local Kernow Carers Forum group.
These meetings are run by the Kernow Carers Service and are a free service for unpaid carers to give them an opportunity to discuss the issues they face and have their voices heard in a welcoming and confidential environment, with others facing similar problems. There are many people in our community who are unaware of the help they can get and who also may not recognise themselves as carers because they look after a relative or friend. Staff from Kernow Carers Service will be at the meetings, and will be able to give help and advice to carers, including making referrals to Carer Support Workers (CSWs) who work directly with individual carers to help them with any issues they have, including signposting to benefits and services. Where issues can’t be resolved at the meeting or by a CSW, we attend various other Groups including the Carers Partnership Board and are able to raise issues on behalf of carers.
All Carers are welcome and expenses will be considered to enable them to attend.
An advertising leaflet with all the planned groups for 2019 is attached. For further information please call 01872 243531.
Forthcoming groups are:
- Bude/Wadebridge – 29 January – John Betjeman Centre, Wadebridge, 1-3
- St Austell – 1 Feb – Community Fire Station, 1-3
- Truro – 7 Feb – Cornwall Mobility (RCHT), 1.30-3.30
- Liskeard – 13 Feb – Liskerrett Community Centre, 1-3
- Penzance – 20 February – Community rm 203, St John’s Hall, 2-4
- Falmouth – 5 March – Council chamber, 2-4
- Camborne/Redruth – 12 March – Redruth COmmunity Centre, 1.30-3.30
- Newquay – 18 March – Community Fire Station, 1-3
- Helston – 4 April (the January meeting has already taken place) – Community Fire Station, 2-4
For full addresses, and dates for the rest of the year, see the attached sheets.