Community Notice Category: Notice
FreeBird Associates, in partnership with Cornwall and IoS Safeguarding Adults Board, invite you to a Learning Together workshop.
9th November 2017 9:15 – 4:30
To Book a place please visit Eventbrite
This is the last in a series of Learning Together workshops which have been funded by Cornwall and the Isle of Scilly Safeguarding Adults Board. **It is free to attend however, booking is essential.**
Targeted audiences: Any professional who may be involved in an Adult Safeguarding Section 42 enquiry. The aim of this multi-agency workshop is for participants to continue to develop their understanding of what makes a section 42 enquiry effective.
The learning outcomes of the session are for participants to consider:
- How they ensure the principles of Making Safeguarding Personal are applied to an enquiry.
- Their roles, responsibilities and accountabilities in carrying out Section 42 enquiries and how this works in partnership with other agencies in the safeguarding procedures including the interface with parallel enquires ( Criminal, HR, LeDer, etc.)
- Accurate and legally defensible records in line with professional standards.
- Their knowledge of relevant legislation, Government/Home Office/ Department of Health initiatives (for example, Prevent, Protect, Domestic Violence, Sexual Exploitation, Modern Slavery, FGM and Hidden Harm) and case law and can apply this to their practice
- How to gather and analyse evidence of harm and use this to manage risks
- Review and share learning from their practice with colleagues
If you have any further questions or need more information, please contact:
Anna Elwood, Director, FreeBird Associates email@example.com