Community Notice Category: Notice
Promas Caring for People CIC now also provide online training courses for unpaid carers. We have 200 free licences for carers, funded by Cornwall Council. We know that caring for someone can be tough. Carers often don’t get the support they need to manage their role and can become unwell themselves. We know that carers can’t always attend courses in person. So, we are bringing the FREE courses to you! We have developed a series of simple and easy to follow online courses which cover a range of topics.
These free online courses will help unpaid carers deal with the challenges they face. Our courses can change lives. Whether its managing stress, caring for yourself or finding coping strategies, we can help.
The courses include interactive quizzes, videos, downloads and worksheets which cover the following areas:
- Course one: What kind of carer are you?
- Course two: How does caring affect your life?
- Course three: Understanding and coping with challenges
- Course four: Self-care
- Course five: How to create a healthy balance
- Course six: Are you stressed?
- Course seven: How to cope with stress
These courses are not pass or fail tests. Instead, they are designed to help carers understand how they are coping and to offer tools and practical ways to help them.
Visit the website www.promasonline.co.uk to have a look. If you would like to do the courses, contact Promas CIC so we can get you started with your personal log in code.
email@example.com / Tel – 01736 339226 / M – 07775756454 There is support for carers who are using the courses to assist should they need help logging in, lose their password etc.
Coming in 2020 – Caring for someone with Dementia. This free online course will cover a wide range of topics including
- What is dementia, different types and key facts
- Specific cognitive symptoms of dementia
- Coping strategies and understanding how to respond in a positive way to someone living with dementia
- Understanding the grief process
- Adjusting and understanding new behaviours associated with people experiencing Dementia
- Stress and dealing with conflict and Contingency planning