Community notice Category: Notice
Eden Project’s Community Camps are normally residential experiences held at the Eden Project in Cornwall, but like many things, they will be a little different this year.
October will see the start of our very first Virtual Community Camp – an immersive learning experience offering a mix of practical activities, workshop sessions and networking opportunities for people from across the UK.
You can apply to attend Virtual Community Camp, here. The closing date is next week.
Community Camp can be for lots of different types of people, those who:
- want to start a community project or are already doing something and want to take the next step.
- are just starting out on their journey, or those who are more experienced but keen to learn from and share with others.
- were involved with mutual aid groups or helping neighbours and those in their community during Covid-19 and are interested in staying active.
- who find that they have a little more time to get involved in their community now due to a change with their education or employment and others who dipped their toe into the community space during Covid-19 and are keen to do more.
All Community Campers required at Monday sessions, starting at 7pm:
- Monday 12 October, Monday 19 October, Monday 26 October, Monday 2 November, Monday 9 November.
- Tuesdays starting at 1pm, OR Wednesdays starting at 6pm. These sessions are up to 3 hours but will be a mix of speakers and practical activities (choose one session per week)
- Tuesday 13 October OR Wednesday 14 October
- Tuesday 20 October OR Wednesday 21 October
- Tuesday 27 October OR Wednesday 28 October
- (Week commencing 2 November – timings tbc)
- Tuesday 10 November OR Wednesday 11 November
You can find out everything you need to know on the Eden Project website.