Home Group is launching a new Empowering Independence Community Outreach Service for people with Physical Health Needs and/or Disabilities.
The Empowering Independence Service will offer short term Community Outreach support, (usually up to 6 months), to people living in Cornwall aged 18 years and over who have physical health needs and/or disabilities and have been identified as potentially benefiting from support to self-manage their health and wellbeing and increase independent living skills.
Physical health needs and/or disabilities are related to one or more of the following primary needs:
- Physical health needs, including but not limited to physical disabilities, mobility issues, HIV, visual and hearing impairments and other long term conditions
- Cognitive impairment, including but not limited to dementia
- Learning disabilities
- Neurological development disorders, including but not limited to Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Asperger’s Syndrome and Pervasive Development Disorder
- People accessing the Service may also be experiencing other multiple disadvantages related to mental health, emotional wellbeing, drug and alcohol issues, acquired brain injury, high risk behaviours, contact with the Criminal Justice system, social isolation, poverty and/or abuse. We will support people to make links in to other support services and Health and Social Care agencies, as appropriate.
For full details of the service provision, download this leaflet. Empowering Independence Service Definition 2019.
How can people access the Information and Advice line?
- Monday to Friday between 9am and 12pm, excluding bank holidays
- Phone: 07710 709527
- E-mail: EICountywideoutreach@homegroup.org.uk
- Postal Address: by letter to: c/o St Nicholas House, 70 St Nicholas Street, Bodmin, Cornwall, PL31 1AG
- By e-mail to: EICountywideoutreach@homegroup.org.uk using this form: New Single Referral Form
- By post to: Referral Co-ordinator, c/o St Nicholas House, 70 St Nicholas Street, Bodmin, Cornwall, PL31 1AG
For a breakdown of the service provision in each area, download the relevant documents:
- Bosvean, Launceston – accommodation and support Bosvean Service Definition October 2019
- Kekewich Villa, Liskeard – accommodation and support Kekewich Villa Service Definition October 2019
- Summerleaze Crescent, Bude – accommodation and support Bude Service Definition October 2019
- St Nicholas House, Bodmin – accommodation and support St. Nicholas House Service Definition October 2019
- West Cornwall – Empowering Independence – accommodation and support West Service Definition October 2019
- North and East Cornwall – outreach support – complex / mental health needs North and East Cornwall Outreach Service Definition October 2019
Cornwall Council leaflet about the service provision – Inclusion and independence services leaflet October 19