Ladock Community Hall have asked us to publicise the details of their reopening, including how they are making the hall safe for users.
We will be creating a directory of other halls and community centres that are reopening, so please email us with your organisation’s details, so we can help you, and those who use your premises, get back up and running again – safely.
Details of Ladock Community Hall
The Community Hall is situated in Ladock just off the B3275
It is a light and airy building (opened 2002) that is used (in normal times) by many groups both local, and Cornwall wide.
There is a level car park (approx 30 cars), and full disabled access. There is a spacious foyer (off which are male and female WCs), and a corridor to the disabled WC and further down, a committee room.
The main hall has a permanent stage at one end, and projector screen at the other. There is also a piano near the stage. Towards the rear of the hall, there is a furniture storage cupboard, and a kitchen (fridge, dishwasher, boiling water on-demand boiler, microwave and small keep-warm oven, but no cooker). There is crockery and cutlery supplied, and a serving hatch to the main hall. There are chairs and tables available.
Wi-fi is available throughout the building.
Although we do not have a website, we have a facebook page.
Opening under COVID-19
A sub-group of the management committee has considered very carefully the options following the announcement that community facilities could re-open, and although almost all our regular hirers had cancelled bookings for the foreseeable future, one of our regular users (an education training organisation) was keen to resume a very limited operation in mid-July. We have therefore worked towards facilitating this by putting in place measures suggested for “COVID-19 proofing” our hall.
The practical measure implemented include the following:
- Only one booking accepted per day to allow for enhanced cleaning between uses, and no “social” bookings where there are risks that there would be limited social distancing, and numbers might not be limited will be accepted
- Capacity limited to 20 seated at tables, or 25 seated without tables.
- All upholstered chairs removed and replaced with plastic ones so tables and chairs can be sanitised easily. Chairs and tables left in main hall so no need to access the limited space of the storage cupboard.
- Wall mounted hand sanitising alcohol gel dispensers in foyer and main hall
- Sanitising spray and paper roll provided in main hall for cleaning chairs and tables and any other touched areas (window handles, for example), and the same the kitchen.
- Air dryers in the WCs disabled, and paper towels provided in dispensers instead. The WCs already have automatic lighting.
- The water system has been fully flushed in compliance with Public Health guidelines on Legionnaires’ disease.
- The committee room is now designated the isolation space for anyone taken ill with symptoms of COVID-19 during an event. It is therefore not available to any users for any other purposes.
- Extensive signage reminding users of our hygiene rules, and social distancing recommendations.
- ** additional measure introduced 20 July – Hirers must take the details of all attendees, for tracing – see newly updated Ts & Cs.
Should any of your members be interested in hiring the hall, the hire charges for the hall are as follows for the main hall (the committee room having been designated the isolation space and it cannot be used for any other purpose for the moment))
- Day hire until 6pm: £12 per hour (£8 for residents of the parish)
- Evening hire 6pm – 11pm on Sunday -Thursday: £38 (£25 resident)
- Evening hire 6pm – 11pm Friday or Saturday: £100 (£50 resident)
If you have any queries about the information above please contact me by email at email@example.com (telephone 01726 883985)
If potential users wish to discuss hiring the hall, please refer them to our bookings team at firstname.lastname@example.org (telephone 01726 400712)