Cornwall Council’s new Helping Hand leaflet and webpage www.cornwall.gov.uk/helpinghand bring together a wide range of Council services that might be useful to residents in need of a little help and support.
The web page and leaflet will make it easier to signpost people to the help they need, and the leaflet will be made widely available at Council and community venues over the next few months. The new leaflet and webpage will be further developed over time, so please send any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Topic headings are:
- I am visually impaired or deaf (with information about bills and literature in braille, large print, audio or easyread – link to alternative formats information.)
- I could lose my home (housing options, Homechoice)
- I want to be healthier (Healthy Cornwall, Safer Cornwall – drugs, alcohol)
- Everything seems to be online these days and I find it really daunting (Library computers, beginners IT, Adult Education)
- I have limited mobility (blue badges, bus passes, Home Library Service)
- My did is about to come out of hospital and I don’t know how he will cope (Adult Social Care, STEPS re-ablement, support after leaving hospital)
- I’m finding it harder to cope at home (Lifeline alarms, Adaptations, Carers services, Trading Standards, Handyperson scheme, and more)
- I am worried about money (benefits eligibility, discounts, free school meals, Family Information Service, loan shark victims)