Great Western Railway has announced the results of its most recent Customer and Community Improvement Fund round, with £215,000 being awarded between seven projects in Cornwall.
- Extending the platform at Bodmin General station, on the Bodmin and Wenford Railway, to allow it to be linked with Bodmin Parkway on the mainline network. (£54,000)
- Improving the play area next to Camelford station, incorporating a train into the play structure, to recognise the heritage links. (£35,057)
- Refurbishing the disused Saltash Station. (£40,000)
- Improving the signage for pedestrians exiting St Ives station, and access to the town centre. (£5,000)
- Creating a heritage centre in the Liskeard and Looe Railway Building, in Liskeard. (£40,000)
- Improving the connectivity at Penzance station, between trains, buses, and pedestrian/bicycle access to the coast path and town. (£15.900)
- Provide public transport real-time information at stations, to improve bus connectivity. (£26.500)
For more details on the projects, see the Falmouth Packet.