NCVO have published comprehensive guidance and advice on involving and managing volunteers during the coronavirus outbreak.
They have recently made their member-only resources free to everyone because of the current situation, as they think it is important people have the guidance they need to run their organisations during this time.
The guidance includes:
- How volunteers can make a difference
- Redirecting volunteers if you cannot take on any more
- How volunteers are affected by the lockdown
- Volunteers in key worker roles
- Furlough and volunteering
- Insurance and volunteering
- Volunteer expenses
- Paying for goods or services
- Safeguarding for volunteer managers
- Safeguarding for informal volunteer-led groups
- DBS checks and volunteers
- Data protection
- Recognising and reporting scams
You can view the guidance for free on the NCVO website.