Microsoft is offering voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations in Cornwall the opportunity to access broadband and new technology at a reduced rate.
Cornwall VSF have been working alongside Cornwall Council, Microsoft and Computer Recyclers UK to help those working or volunteering in the VCSE sector to get online.
Get online at Home (from Computer Recyclers UK) provides low cost, internet ready, refurbished PCs, laptops and tablets to help home users, community groups and charities to get online. The scheme is Microsoft’s Digital Inclusion initiative, and people in Cornwall have access to it through Cornwall Council’s strategic partnership with Microsoft.
Computer Recyclers UK currently offer:
- PC’s from £99 including keyboard, monitor, mouse and Windows 10 programme.
- Laptops from £169 including Windows 10.
- Windows 10 Tablets from £139
All items are professionally refurbished and include:
- 19″ TFT Monitor
- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
- 4GB RAM
- 160GB Hard Drive
- DVD-RW Drive
- New Keyboard & Mouse
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Windows Defender Anti-Virus
- 6 Month Warranty & Telephone Support
There is also a 5% discount if you enter the code ‘corn19’ online or quote it over the phone.
The offer is also available to those who are in receipt of eligible benefits and yo qualify for the cheaper eligible price you must be:
- Not for profit or non-governmental organization with recognized legal status and have a mission to benefit the local community
- A registered UK charity
- A member of a low-income family receiving any state benefits based on need
- In a community with limited access to technology
- Have a disability
Computer Recyclers also offer packages for the blind and partially sighted thanks to support from RNIB. These packages include the core Microsoft Software plus NVDA & IVONA screen reading software and home support from RNIB volunteers to help you get started.
For more information visit https://www.getonlineathome.org/
Microsoft offer a series of webinars to help you get to know all of the Office 365 suite of solutions for productivity and creativity needs. They know that nonprofit organizations often operate in a world of highly constrained resources and believe that doing more with less requires changing how you work. Microsoft is committed to helping you make a greater impact through digital transformation enabled by secure and trusted technology.