Following an inspection during July 2017, CQC’s report into the Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust, (Treliske), has been published. It states that overall, the Trust is inadequate.
The breakdown in ratings is as follows:
- Are services at this trust safe? Inadequate
- Are services at this trust effective? Requires improvement
- Are services at this trust caring? Good
- Are services at this trust responsive? Inadequate
- Are services at this trust well-led? Inadequate
The inspection was carried out between 4 and 7 July, and in addition to the Treliske site, also covered St Michael’s Hospital, West Cornwall Hospital, and Penrice birthing centre.
CQC required the Trust to make immediate improvements in certain areas, and it was put into ‘special measures’.