Cornwall Celebrates Volunteering 2019 – don’t miss out!
Get your nomination in now
The search for Cornwall’s outstanding volunteers is now on.
Please consider saying ‘thank you’ to those volunteers that you manage or work with by nominating them for one of the categories below.
For further information and to complete the online form please go to the Volunteer Cornwall website or call them on 01872 265307 and request one to be posted out to you (links to downloads also available below).
For each nomination you will need to outline the reasons this person deserves recognition in the category they are being nominated for (preferably in no more than 500 words but please do not worry if you need a few more words to fully represent your volunteer).
In your nomination it is important to include as much information (in 500 words) about the volunteer as possible, including:
- The volunteer role that they do with you, the length of service and what you feel they achieve
- Volunteer roles with other organisations, if applicable
- How much time do they spend volunteering –perhaps compared to time available (do they work or care for someone)
- Have they overcome any difficulties in order to volunteer – such as illness, low confidence, bereavement or isolation?
- Have they been involved with promoting volunteering to others?
- Have they supported, motivated or mentored others to volunteer?
- Have they taken on additional responsibilities and/or roles?
- What do you class as their biggest achievements or successes – whether personal such as achieving a qualification or project targeted such as raising money or support given to others
- What difference have they made?
Nominations close on 31st August and a ceremony will be held in the autumn where the winners will be revealed and the awards presented.
The categories this year are:
- The Jane Virot Animal Welfare Award (sponsored by National Animal Welfare Trust)
- Children & Schools (sponsored by Cornwall Council)
- Community (sponsored by Cornwall Council)
- Cultural (sponsored by Cornwall Council)
- Environmental (sponsored by Cornwall Wildlife Trust)
- Fundraising & Support (sponsored by Cornwall Council)
- Good Neighbours (sponsored by Cornwall Council)
- Health & Care (sponsored by Duchy Health Charity)
- Personal Development (sponsored by Truro & Penwith College)
- Young Volunteer (sponsored by Cornwall College)
- Host of the Year (sponsored by Healthy Cornwall) (more info about this award, for organisations hosting volunteers is on this leaflet: Host of the year flyer)
How to Nominate:
Using the links below you can either complete the nomination forms online, or download them and send them in to Volunteer Cornwall (email to MaryB@volunteercornwall.org.uk or post to CCV, Volunteer Cornwall, Acorn House, Heron Way, Truro, TR1 2XN)
Online Nomination Forms:
The easiest way to nominate is to fill out the online nomination form on the Volunteer Cornwall website. To open the forms please use the links below:
If you would prefer to open a printable PDF version of the forms or to save a copy to your computer, please use the links below:
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org but please note the judges’ decisions are final and they cannot enter into correspondence about individual nominations. Everyone nominated will receive a commemorative certificate at the end of the year. Good luck everyone!