As you may know, Cornwall VSF’s daily newsletter was mothballed as the pandemic began to take hold, to allow us to focus on supporting the sector through the worst of the crisis. We produced a weekly VCSE sector bulletin with Cornwall Council, which has had 18 editions, becoming fortnightly as recovery took the place of emergency response.
We have now relaunched the VSF daily 12 o’clock newsletter, with the first edition being on Monday 7 September.
We want to tailor the news to meet the needs of the sector, so will be offering readers regular opportunities to tell us what they need, so we can adapt and adjust, according to your requirements.
Make sure you are subscribed by clicking here.
As before, the newsletter will feature relevant news to the sector, including:
- announcements from local organisations,
- announcements from Cornwall Council,
- news and changes from the government, including HMRC, select committees, policy reviews, and other changes,
- funding resources for organisations and individuals,
- awareness days, weeks and months, to help you plan your social media activity (Breast cancer awareness week, Movember, etc),
- consultations, and opportunities to have your say in relevant matters,
- other resources, for instance safeguarding, mental health support, and more.
There will also be the regular ‘noticeboard’ section, to which anyone can submit items – we will publish things which are of interest to our Members, and to those whom they support, for instance:
- training courses – online or in person,
- events such as jobs fairs, fundraising occasions, or launches,
- conferences and networking events
- long-running events, such as weekly clubs for older people, or memory cafes, and much more.
As ever, we will include a headline and short synopsis in the newsletter, with a link to the full article, to help you scan through to find the stuff you’re interested in. And in an effort to make that even easier, we plan to ‘tag’ news items so that you can see at a glance if it relates to ‘children’ ‘disabilities’, and so on.
We also advertise jobs in the newsletter. Every Member may advertise jobs with us for half price, £75 instead of £150, and every job advertised is shown in the newsletter every day for two weeks.
We will advertise trustee vacancies and volunteer opportunities for free, for one to two weeks depending on availability.
You can submit a job advert to us via a form on our website.
How do I receive it?
When we transferred over to weekly bulletins with the Council, we ported across our entire newsletter mailing list. This means that if you already received our newsletter, before, then you will continue to do so now.
However, many new people signed up to the joint newsletter, who were not on our original list. If this is you, you’ll need to sign up for the new mailing list, in order to continue hearing from us.