It is the time of the year we begin to think about the Cornwall Celebrates Volunteering Awards – 2018. This is the 10th year we have held the awards and this year, as part of Volunteer Cornwall’s 40th anniversary celebrations, the awards ceremony will be held at The Eden Project as part of a wider celebration of volunteering in Cornwall.
There are 9 individual categories and a ‘Host of the Year’ award and we are looking to you to help to recognise and nominate people you know who are amazing volunteers for your organisation, for someone else or independently . The nomination forms are linked below or you can nominate directly from Volunteer Cornwall’s website. The closing date is 31 August.
The categories for 2018 are as follows:
- Children & Schools (sponsored by Cornwall Council)
- Community (sponsored by Cornwall Council)
- Culture (sponsored by Cornwall Council)
- Driver (sponsored by Cornwall Council)
- Environment (sponsored by Cornwall Wildlife Trust)
- Fund Raising & Support (sponsored by Cornwall Council)
- Health & Care (sponsored by Duchy Health Charity)
- Personal Development (sponsored by Truro & Penwith College)
- Young Volunteer (sponsored by Cornwall College Camborne)
“Host of the Year” category has been created in recognition of the organisations who have demonstrated excellence in the way they looks after their volunteers, it is sponsored by Health Promotion Service. The nomination form is attached or the nominations can be made directly on the Volunteer Cornwall website.
Finally, there is an overall Volunteer of the Year Award to – for the “winner of winners”.