The Cornwall Learning Disability Communication Charter has been developed to help to improve communication opportunities for people with learning disabilities. It has been developed by people with learning disabilities and a range of agencies that provide them with services and support.
The charter was formally launched in October 2013. It defines expected standards of communication to ensure that people with learning disabilities and communication difficulties can be fully involved. Services who sign up will have access to:
- Free training for their organisation’s communication leaders
- A Communication Toolkit to help the leaders to cascade training to the whole team
- A Communication Audit and Action Planning Tool
- Access to regular updates and development events for their communication leaders.
For more information please contact 01209 219251 or email email@example.com.
Thursday 28th September 2017, 9:45am to 4pm, Ladock Community Hall, Ladock
‘Communication Leaders’ support the implementation of training and develop individualised communication tools. There will be a free training day for Communication Leaders covering:
- Effective Communication
- Individual Communication Needs
- Barriers to Communication
The training will have taster sessions on:
- Making Information Easier to Understand
- Graphics and Technology
- Keyword Signing
- Intensive Interaction
To book your place, call 01209 219251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.