Citizens In Policing are now opening nominations for their annual Devon & Cornwall Police Volunteer Awards Ceremony which will be held on June 4 2019. There are a few awards that are open to external nominations and thy have invited Cornwall VSF to share these with our Members, to make you aware of the following awards that you can nominate for:
1. Outstanding Contribution Award (Individual Award – Internal and External)
A community member who has displayed a profound commitment to improving the safety, health and wellbeing of their local area. This could include:
- someone who has shown a high level of commitment and excellence to their cause for their community;
- someone coordinating local action to assist vulnerable community members;
- someone having been pivotal in galvanising enthusiasm and action for a local cause.
Please give examples of how their volunteering has significantly improved their cause.
(Please do not restrict your thinking to members of formal watch schemes or volunteers engaged on behalf of the police service. There are people who are not directly connected to or supported by us, who demonstrate an outstanding ability to galvanise activity in support of a variety of local causes.)
2. Community Spirit Award (Team/Group Award – Internal and external)
This award is open to a group or team that have contributed towards improved quality of life, community safety or supported community activity with positive results. This could include a team or group that have:
- demonstrated a significant and sustained contribution to their community;
- provided a service and meeting a need for people living in the local community;
- been supported and recognised by the local community and the people who benefit from it.
3. Police & Crime Commissioner’s Team Award (Internal and External)
Please do not restrict your thinking to members of formal watch schemes or volunteers engaged on behalf of the police service. There are community groups who are not directly connected to or supported by the police, who demonstrate an outstanding ability to galvanise activity in support of a variety of local causes. This could include:
- A team that have been pivotal in galvanising enthusiasm and action for a local cause;
- A team that has improved community resilience; or
- A team that has improved communication and connectivity in the local community.
Please nominate anyone who you believe meets the criteria of these award categories. You can make your nominations via dcdhub.org/awards.
Please be aware that nominations are open until 24 March 2019.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com