Mergers and collaborations
The Charity Commission has published guidance around mergers and collaborations, in the time of COVID, as part of its COVID guidance. the information is under the new heading, about a quarter of the way down the bullet point list, and points to a checklist. They also recommend using their register of charities to search for potential partners.
Stephens Scown articles
Solicitors Stephens Scown has a teqam that works specifically with charities, and publishes a regular newsletter with interesting items in this area. Their latest newsletter includes
- the Charity Governance Code,
- 5 short guides from the Charity Commission aimed at Trustees
- a guide to virtual meetings
- creating a more purposeful organisation
- and their virtual event looking at reporting a serious incident to the Charity Commission, which we have already featured.
It’s an interesting read, and you can view it online here.
Looking forward, as a business
Hospitality Sector business support organisation Be the Business has provided a helpful ‘reading list’ in their January newsletter, investigating preparedness for what 2021 might bring. While some of these are definitely more applicable for organisations which are solely for-profit, many voluntary organisations could use some advice on generating more income by selling their services. The newsletter includes:
- developing your covid response into a revenue stream
- switching to digital
- cash flow forecasting
- their Mentoring for Growth programme
- looking towards the end of furlough
- building confidence in managing your business’s finances
Cornwall Council’s Business Advice webinars
Don’t forget that the Business Regulatory Support team is holding weekly webinars looking at different aspects of the changing situation, and taking questions. Topics have not been announced for the next meetings, but will be whatever is the most current and important topic at the time.
These occur every Thursday, from 11-12, via Microsoft Teams, and recordings of previous meetings are retained on their website.