As part of Cornwall VSF’s future strategy of seeking to strengthen and equip the VCSE sector, and create a more collaborative approach, we are refreshing our Membership offer, and inviting new organisations to join and be part of the exciting developments.
Membership is free to everyone, with voluntary sector organisations operating in or from Cornwall welcomed as full Members, and Associate Membership open to individuals, statutory and faith sector colleagues, consultants and others.
The benefits of full Membership are:
- Access to the Knowledge Bank. This is being refreshed, to become a comprehensive resource with research, good practice, resources, information sources, and more. We want to hear what you’d like to see in there, so drop us a line inf you see something elsewhere you’d like to ensure other Members get access to, or if you see a gap in the contents.
- Your organisation’s page on the VSF website. You will be able to populate your own page on our website, with a map pin, and searchable details in our database of local VCSE organisations. People seeking services will be able to find you, along with organisations seeking partnerships.
Because we are a large organisation, with an extensive and well-visited website, your page on our site will rank higher in Google than your own website, in all probability (unless you’re the Eden Project or National Trust!) and will be able to provide enquirers with information and send them on to your site. Links to your site from ours will push your own Google ranking higher as well.
- Sharing your news and events. You can send us your exciting news, and events, training courses or updated service provision, and we will promote it through our website, daily newsletter, and social media.
- You will be able to advertise for jobs for half the usual price (£75 instead of £150) and for volunteers and trustees for free.
- Being first in line when opportunities are offered to the sector through VSF – we sometimes have access to training courses, funding opportunities, invitations to tender and more, that we offer to our Members first.
- You will be part of the organisation that is the acknowledged systems leader for the voluntary sector in Cornwall, part of the bigger movement for change in Cornwall, and able to access the resources that we are compiling to help strengthen organisations, as we move forward.
- Full Members may vote at the AGM.
Our daily newsletter is not included as a member benefit, as that is free to sign up to for anyone. You will automatically be added to the mailing list if you are not already there.
Jane Yeomans, of Transformations Cornwall, a VSF Member, says:
Being an active member of Cornwall VSF supports Transformation Cornwall to deliver our mission of strengthening faith based social action in Cornwall. Cornwall VSF keep us connected, up to date and introduces new contacts and ideas that really make a positive impact in the wellbeing and vibrancy of Cornish communities. Cornwall VSF are great at sharing information with and among communities and are a welcoming, dynamic and trusted network.
Please click here to join as a Member, and give us as much detail as possible on the form, as this form the core of your page on the VSF website.
Associate Members will be added to the newsletter mailing list, and be part of the VSF organisation, but do not get an entry on our website, half price job adverts, or the Knowledge bank resources. You are welcome to pass us events and news items to share, but may not vote at the AGM.