The Engine Room will be hosting a ‘Making Social Impact – Health & Wellbeing’ event on Wednesday 26th July.
Taking place at Mor Workspace, Newquay from 2 – 7pm the event will look at how to services supporting health and wellbeing are changing.
The event is aimed at people who:
- Are seeing a need for activities that currently aren’t available
- Have an idea for an initiative that helps people and makes a difference in their community
- Are passionate about solving social problems to create a fairer world: one that works for everyone
- Are interested in meeting and finding out more about how social enterprises are providing solutions in their area
- Are interested in getting something started themselves.
The event will be split into two parts (please book the part that suits you most) with a networking session joining the two parts for everyone to come together, make connections and continue to be inspired.
Part 1 (2 – 4:30pm)
This session will be focusing on four key themes:
– Housing/ supporting communities
– Care and social care
– Health, nutrition and food
– Supporting people with multiple and complex needs
Networking with tea & cake (4:30 – 5:30pm)
Peter Holbrook, CEO of Social Enterprise UK will share inspirational examples of how social enterprises are providing solutions within the health and wellbeing sector and beyond.
Part 2 (5:30 – 7pm)
Have you spotted a gap in services supporting health and wellbeing and looking to get a social enterprise idea off the ground? Then this session will help you explore the potential of your idea and find out what support is on offer.
The event is free and places can be booked here.